Thunder God Vine, also called Tripterygium Wilfordii that is a vine used in traditional Chinese medicine for treatment of fever, chills, edema and carbuncle. Tripterygium Wilfordii recently has been investigated as a treatment for a variety of disorders including rheumatoid arthritis, cancer, chronic hepatitis, chronic nephritis, ankylosing spondylitis, polycystic kidney disease as well as several skin disorders. Tripterygium Wilfordii is also under investigation for its apparent antifertility effects, which it is speculated, may provide a basis for a Male oral contraceptive. Triptolide, a diterpene triepoxide, is a major active component of extracts derived from Tripterygium wilfordii. Triptolide has multiple pharmacological activities including anti-inflammatory, immune modulation, antiproliferative and proapoptotic activity.
1. Thunder God Vine Extract has effects on kidney volume and kidney function for polycystic kidney disease (PKD) patients.
2. Thunder God Vine Extract as been shown to disrupt mitochondrial function in cells and is under investigation as an anti-tumor agent or to suppress auto-immune disorders.
3. Thunder God Vine Extract may have potential as antitumor drugs, such as Pancreatic cancer.
4. Weight loss.
5. Thunder God Vine Extract has the function of analgesia and stability and effect on the central nervous system of choline.
6. Thunder God Vine Extract has the function of promoting skin metabolism and has a good effect for skin ulcers and other skin diseases.