Resistant Dextrin is made from Non-GMO natural Corn starch/Tapioca starch, when heated under the condition of acidic condition, decomposed and gained low molecular soluble dextran (2000 dal)., also known as resistant dextrin.
Resistant dextrin is a light yellow syrup or powder product. It is a soluble fiber of natural origin, derived from starches. It is easily soluble in water for a transparent solution with lightly sweet, convenient processing. It can be used in many kinds of foods such as protein bars, cereals, and beverages and nutritional products. But it has high stability and does not affect their original flavor. And it can control the digestion and absorption of sugar.
Function of Resistant Dextrin:
1. Improve bowel movements to prevent constipation;
2. Inhibition of postprandial blood glucose rise;
3. Improve lipid metabolism;
4. Promote mineral absorption.
5. Increase fiber content
6. Reducing sugar and calories
7. Help to promote digestive tract health
8. Probiotic properties
9. Low blood glucose response
10. Improve calcium absorption, thereby supporting bone health
11. Reduces insulin response
12. Increased sensation of satiety
|Appearance||Light yellow syrup||White or light yellow powder|
|Fiber Content (on drying substance), w/%||≥ 85.0||≥85.0|
|Solid Substance, %||75.0-76.0||/|
|Foreign Matter, ppm||≤15.0||≤15.0|
|Ph(10% water solution)||3.5 - 5.5||3.5 - 5.5|
|Sugar, w/%(on drying)||≤ 2.0||≤ 2.0|
|Total count plate, cfu/g||≤1000||≤1000|
|Yeast and Mold, cfu/g||≤10||≤10|
|Fiber content correlates to AOAC 2001.03 and AOAC 2009.01|