Baicalein is a trihydroxyflavone with the hydroxy groups at positions C-5, -6 and -7. It has a role as an antioxidant, a hormone antagonist, a prostaglandin antagonist, an EC 18.104.22.168 ( arachidonate 12-lipoxygenase) inhibitor, an EC 22.214.171.124 (arachidonate 15-lipoxygenase) inhibitor, a radical scavenger, an EC 126.96.36.199 (prolyl oligopeptidase) inhibitor, an anti-inflammatory agent and a plant metabolite.
1. Baicalin can promote secretion of bile, and promote movements of extra body intestines;
2. Baicalin has anti-histamine effect, and can inhibit edema caused by carrageenin;
3. Baicalin has anti-allergenic and anti-toxin effect;
4. Baicalin can enhance spectrum antibiotic;
5. Baicalin can prevents atherosclerosis;
6. Baicalin have anti-hepatitis B virus effect.