The perennial herb Nepeta cataria L., commonly known as catnip, has a considerable folkloric reputation. In traditional use, catnip is believed to have sedative, carminative, and antispasmodic properties. As such, it has been used in the treatment of insomnia, flatulence, and upset stomach. It has also been used traditionally to treat colds, the flu, and fevers.
1. Catnip extract: can increase the speed of the blood circulation, and increase the sweet secrete, it also has a little function of relive heat.
2. Catnip extract: can restrain the nacillus typhi, the pseudomonas aeraginosa and the much's bacillus which have been in the cetain form.
3. Catnip extract: have the obviously function of the inflation which caused by the acid.
4. Catnip extract: can restrain the bacillus diphtheriae and the bacillus dysenteriae.
5. Catnip extract: clear heat, cure headache and cold.
6. Catnip extract: anti-phlogistic powder of Schizonepetae and ledebouriella.
7. Catnip extract: often in combination with honeysuckle flower,forsythia fruit,peppermint,platycodon root and other herbs,as in powder of lonicera and forsythia.
8. Catnip extract: for various suppurative infection on the body surface at their initial stages accompanied with exterior syndrome.