Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is an amino acid that acts as a neurotransmitter in the central nervous system. It inhibits neurotransmission in the brain and calms nerve activity. As a supplement, it is sold and promoted as a natural tranquilizer due to the effects of these neurotransmitters. It can help people replenish their physical fitness after exercise, so it is very popular among bodybuilders.
1. Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is major neurotransmitter widely distributed throughout the central nervous system.
2. This neurotransmitter appears to have a significant influence on the pituitary gland’s hormone secretion, primarily through its hypothalamic effect.
3. GABA is also the most important and widespread inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain.
4. GABA helps prevent the over-firing of the nerve cells and decreases overall neuron activities in the CNS. Over-firing can cause restlessness, spasmodic movements, irritability and anxiety.
5. GABA is also utilized by the brain to create tranquility and calmness through the brain’s metabolic processes.
6. Promote brain activation, strengthen brain, improve intelligence, delay brain aging function, and promote sleep;
7. Beauty moisturizing, regulating immune function, lowering blood pressure.