L-Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine (alpha-GPC, choline alfoscerate) is a natural choline compound found in the brain. It is also a parasympathomimetic acetylcholine precursor .Alpha-GPC rapidly delivers choline to the brain across the blood–brain barrier and is a biosynthetic precursor of acetylcholine.
1. Improve memory and learning ability.
2. Counteract brain aging by increasing cholinergic receptor sites, restoring the bioavailability of acetylcholine, increasing nerve growth factor receptors in the brain, and slowing down undesirable structural changes in the brain.
3. Counter the age-related loss of nerve cells and fibers in the brain.
4. Protect the brain and other organs against toxic waste buildup.
5. Support patients recovering from cerebral ischemic attacks.