Aronia melanocarpa, called the black chokeberry, is a species of shrubs in the rose family native to eastern North America. This plant has been introduced and is cultivated in Europe. They appear at the end of spring and produce black fruits in September. Chokeberries are cultivated as ornamental plants and as food products. The sour berries, or aronia berries, can be eaten raw off the bush, but are more frequently processed. They can be found in wine, jam, syrup, juice, soft spreads, tea, salsa, chili starters, extracts, beer, ice cream, gummies and tinctures.
1. It can improve eyesight, as it is a strong anti-oxidant.
2. It can strengthen the liver by ridding the body of harmful toxins.
3. It can promote hair growth and hair pigmentation.
4. It can anti-aging and neurological diseases.
5. It can improve appetite, increase immunity and boost metabolism.