Carrageenan, also known as Eucheuma plastic, stone cauliflower, carageenan, carrageenan, because carrageenan is from Eucheuma,
seaweed, carrageenan and other red algae seaweed extracted from the hydrophilic colloid. Carrageenan has many physicochemical properties such as hydrophilic colloid, gel, thickening, emulsification, film formation and stable dispersion. It can be used as a
gelling agent, emulsifier, thickener or suspending agent for stabilizing emulsion, controlling Liquid shrinkage, forming,cementing and dispersing, etc.
1. Carrageenan used in beverages and dairy products play a thickening, stability, shape, suspension, gel and so on.
2. Carrageenan applied to poultry products can improve and provide benefits to maintain moisture, flavor, texture, cuttability, freeze-thaw and stability.
3. Carrageenan beer can be used as a clarification agent in the beer production process.
4. Carrageenan as a goodcoagulant, can replace the usual agar, gelatin and pectin. Jelly made with carrageenan is elastic and not watery, so it becomes a commonly used gelling agent for jelly. It is used in soft candy to make products taste smooth, more elastic, less viscous and more stable.
5. Carrageenan as a functional food base, the development and application of dietary fiber is quite extensive. Dietary fiber in recent years by more and more people's attention, it is called "seventh nutrients."
6. Carrageenan is also used in chocolate milk, milk pudding, baby food, concentrated light milk, whipped natural and artificial cream, yogurt, processed cheese infusion, postprandial hydrogel pastry, fish gel, Ignorance of products, tomatoes and other spices in food.