Alfalfa has been used by the Chinese since the sixth century to treat kidney stones, and to relieve fluid retention and swelling.It is a perennial herb that grows throughout the world in a variety of climates. Alfalfa grows to about 3 feet and has blue-violet flowers that bloom from July to September.
First discovered by the Arabs, they dubbed this valuable plant the "father of all foods". They fed alfalfa to their horses claiming it made the animals swift and strong. The leaves of the alfalfa plant are rich in minerals and nutrients, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, and carotene (useful against both heart disease and cancer). Leaf tablets are also rich in protein,vitamins E and K. Alfalfa extract is used by food makers as a source of chlorophyll and carotene.
1. Preventing some of the damage from diabetes and blood sugar levels, because of its Antioxidant and Phyto-nutrient content.
2. treat anemia by helping build iron levels in blood due to its iron content.
3. Treat bladder disorders.
4. Lower unhealthy cholesterol leves.
5. Prevent prostate problems.
6. Prevent arthritis problems.
7. Help rebuild tooth decay and strengthen tooth enamel.
8. A good infection fighter and may help cleanse the body of toxins.